Skip to main content

Kira's Baking-Inspired Bridal Shower

While I have a fabulous job professional planning events, it's even more fun when I get to personally host an event for a friend. This past fall, my dear friend, Kira, celebrated her wedding to Nat, and, of course, a Bridal Shower was on the horizon to celebrate her! (And it's her Birthday Weekend so Happy Birthday!)

The other bridesmaids and I finalized our plans for her baking-inspired Bridal Shower, and here are some of the details:

Make Your Own Mimosa Bar - complete with champagne, sparkling cider, sodas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, orange slices, lime slices, lemon slices, orange juice, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice.


Fool-proof instructions

Guests were greeted with personalized champagne flutes. The nametags doubled as glass tags so all of the ladies could keep track of their flutes.

Sweet signage.

Fun buffet with lots of brunch items! Salads, finger sandwiches, fruits, and the muffins. Oh the muffins (see more below),



Lovely desserts on pedestal platters -- Key Lime Cheesecake Bars, Yellow and Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Truffles

Guests received macaroon favors with custom stickers thanking them.


These muffins deserved their own close up photo. Since I ate two three four(ish). Katherine, one of the other bridesmaids (and my food soulmate), created these. She dubbed them "Cinnamon Coconut Crumble Muffins". I call them magical. Not too much coconut, super-moist, and not so sweet so that you'd think they were a dessert. They were most definitely part of the meal. She "claims" that they deflated (or something like that where they didn't turn out as she'd hope, so she "whipped together" a crumble topping (seriously, who "whips up" a crumble topping?) She's amazing. I'd like to be some version of her when I grow up, because she creates deliciousness like this.

For those who were under the impression we were just going to be covering party decor in this blog, you are mistaken. There will be all things fabulous, including things that are fabulously delicious. Just to prepare you.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning a Pack-n-Play

My mommy friends often ask me how to clean a Pack-n-Play. Likely because my toddler is all about making the biggest messes possible. After a few rounds of taking a damp rag to it like the manual suggests (HA), I thought, there has to be a more effective way to do this. Look at that dingy grossness:



So what does Pinterest suggest we use to clean, like, everything? Dawn and White Vinegar. I'll try anything once.

Here's how it went down:

1) Filled a bathtub with hot hot hot water, 1 c Dawn and 2 c White Vinegar.



2) Folded up the Pack-n-Play, shaking out any crumbs (there are always crumbs), and laid the whole thing down into the hot bath. I ran my hands along the netting and material to agitate any dirt and grime off of them.



3) Allow to soak about 15 minutes. To rinse, I drained out the tub water, then turned on the shower and hopped in to direct the shower head all over the Pack-n-Play to rinse well.


4) To dry, you can either lug it outside, pop it open (upside down) and allow to …

What to do when baby has a cold...

As a new(er) mom, I sought out the advice of moms before me when my little one had her first cold. Of course, so many advice gets thrown at you, but when they're too little for medicine, here is the best combination of remedies to help baby colds and congestion:


Of course, do not use this as a substitution for professional medical advice. This is just what's helped at our house, and I hope it can help at yours too.
Stay fabulous,


Welcome to the Thirty-One family!

I'm so excited to report I've joined thirty-one gifts as a consultant for their products. I've been a long-time shopper and after a YEAR of haggling with my sister about joining, I decided to bite the bullet.


The best part truly was the low start up cost to join and test the waters. For only $99, you get $800 worth of product and if you decide it's not for you, you keep everything to enjoy.

For only $99, select the Bright & Bold or Black & White Kit:



 OR you can elect for a smaller "Starter Kit" for only $50:





Want to order one of these great kits and start your own thirty-one business? (Or just want a GREAT deal on great products?) Learn more here:

https://www.mythirtyone.com/kyrap/info/join